Spratton Hall is pleased to work in partnership with the local community and primary schools in our area.
We hold a number of events throughout the year specifically for local primary school children to attend:
- In the Autumn Term 2015 we held a STEM day and three primary schools, including our nearest neighbours, Spratton Primary, attended.
- In the Spring Term 2016 Years 5 & 6 children from Spratton Primary joined our children for a sports afternoon of Netball and football, culminating in a fun, mixed tournament.
- In the Summer Term 2016 held another STEM and IT Day, with 20 different primary school invited to take part.
- In the Autumn Term 2016, we held a Music Day for children from Spratton Primary and other local primary schools. During the day, the children prepared a range of songs for an informal concert at the end of the day.
- In the Spring Term 2017, we held a sport afternoon for children from two local primary schools joining our children for an afternoon of netball and football skills training, culminating in a fun, mixed mini tournament.
- In the Summer Term 2017, Northampton Saints held a rugby academy here at the end of August. This was also extremely successful, with 80 children attending.
- In the Summer Term 2017, the Peterborough Diocese held a sports day in July at Spratton Hall for all the schools in their Diocese. Many schools attended with over 400 pupils competing. The event was a huge success.
- In the Autumn Term 2017, we held a music choral day where Spratton pupils rehearsed with all the visiting children and put on a short concert, to which parents were invited.
- In the Spring Term 2018, we held a sport afternoon for children from two local primary schools joining our children for an afternoon of netball and football skills training.
- In the Summer Term 2018, the Peterborough Diocese again held a sports day in July at Spratton Hall for all the schools in their Diocese. Over 30 schools attended with over 450 pupils competing. The event was a huge success.
- In the Autumn Term 2018, we held a Music Day for children from Spratton Primary and other local primary schools. During the day the children prepared a range of songs for an informal concert at the end of the day.
- Children from Spratton Primary School are also invited to music and drama performances, including the annual visiting puppet show.
Northamptonshire Dance Company uses our performing arts venue at the weekends and on Wednesday evenings for ballet and dance lessons. This also gives the opportunity for local children to use our facilities.
We are also an official ‘LAMDA Centre’ for Lamda exams to be held here each year.
In addition to this, we also offer our facilities to the wider community. Recent events we have hosted have included Draughton Parish Council holding their Bazaar in our Hall, Spratton Village holding a two-day World War I Exhibition, allowing our school car park to be used for the National Garden Scheme Open Morning, Brixworth Football Club, the Spratton Photography Society using our Hall, and East Haddon Village holding a Barn Dance and MacMillan Cancer Support holding a Fashion Show in the Hunter Hall.
We are also very proud of our work with charities – both local and national. Our Year 8 children work adopt three charities for the year to raise both funds and awareness of their chosen charity. Our School Choir recently took part in the Salvation Army charity concert in Kettering, and sang at the Kelmarsh Hall Christmas Fair.
We also have a close association with Outspan School in Uganda, where we are sponsoring a young girl through the school, giving her the opportunity of an education that she otherwise would not have had. Additionally, we have contributed a significant amount to the school to help raise funds for a water bore project.
In addition, the Head Master recently attended the Northamptonshire Community Foundation Trust Awards evening at the Royal & Derngate Theatre and was pleased to forge links with the Chief Executive of the Trust to see how Spratton Hall can help support either the work of the Trust or some of the charities who benefit from the Trust more directly.
We hope this gives you an insight into how Spratton Hall contributes to and benefits local children and our community.
If you would like to know more or if you are interested in using our facilities, please contact the Registrar on 01604 847292 or email@example.com.