Spratton Hall is pleased to work in partnership with the local community and primary schools in our area.
We hold a number of events throughout the year specifically for local primary school children to attend:
- In the Autumn Term 2015 we held a STEM day and three primary schools, including our nearest neighbours, Spratton Primary, attended.
- In the Spring Term 2016 Years 5 & 6 children from Spratton Primary joined our children for a sports afternoon of Netball and football, culminating in a fun, mixed tournament.
- In the Summer Term 2016 we are holding another STEM and IT Day, with 20 different primary school invited to take part.
- In the Autumn Term 2016 we will be holding a Music Day for children from Spratton Primary and other local primary schools. During the day the children will prepare some songs for an informal concert at the end of the day as well as having the opportunity to try out different musical instruments.
- Children from Spratton Primary School are also invited to music and drama performances, including the annual puppet show.
We allow ‘Pacesetter Sports’ to use our sports facilities (sports hall, astro and fields) as they run activity days for local primary school children. They also hold a Sports Day here every summer in which eight different primary schools take part.
East Haddon Dance Company uses our performing arts venue at the weekends and on Wednesday evenings for ballet and dance lessons. This also gives the opportunity for local children to use our facilities.
In addition to this, we also offer our facilities to the wider community. Recent events we have hosted have included Draughton Parish Council holding their bazaar in our Hall, Spratton Village holding a two-day World War I Exhibition, allowing our school car park to be used for the National Garden Scheme Open Morning, and the Spratton Photography Society using our Hall on a number of occasions throughout the year.
We are also very proud of our work with charities – both local and national. Our Year 8 children work in groups of five or six and adopt a charity for the year to raise both funds and awareness of their chosen charity. Our School Choir recently took part in the Salvation Army charity concert in Kettering.
We also have a close association with Outspan School in Uganda, where we are sponsoring a young girl through the school, giving her the opportunity of an education that she otherwise would not have had.
In addition, the Head Master recently attended the Northamptonshire Community Foundation Trust Awards evening at the Royal & Derngate Theatre and was pleased to forge links with the Chief Executive of the Trust to see how Spratton Hall can help support either the work of the Trust or some of the charities who benefit from the Trust more directly.
We hope this gives you an insight into how Spratton Hall contributes to and benefits local children and our community.
If you would like to know more or if you are interested in using our facilities, please contact Mrs Amanda Fleming-Jones on 01604 847292 or email@example.com.